From the fiery kaleidoscope of the leaves to the plumpness of pumpkins and ruby red of apples, fall's natural beauty pervades the whole outdoors. Why not invite it indoors with you? There are many ways to include nature in your autumn decorations. Here are a few fall decoration ideas that are fun to make and will bring a warm feeling to the chill fall evenings.
- Corn husk candles. Wrap a large candle in corn husks and tie with strips of husk or colorful ribbon. Enjoy the glow of the fall harvest in your living room.
- Hanging gourd vase. Dry a swan gourd and cut a large hole in the upper portion of the bulb. Use as a vase for dried or freshly cut flowers, or even as a planter for live ones.
- Foliage arrangement. Use dry, colored leaves, fall flowers and the fluff of seeding plants to create a beautiful bouquet. Place anywhere--on the table, in the bathroom, or on the bookshelf are good options.
- Pumpkins. Beautiful on their own, pumpkins can also be carved with beautiful patterns. To make longer lasting decorations, don't cut the whole way through--just etch a design on the surface.
- Pomanders. Oranges can studded with cloves to make beautiful decorative designs. They smell amazing and can be eaten or made into juice afterwords.
- Crafty leaves. Glue leaves to craft paper and attach colorful string or fishing line to make a mobile. You can also use the cards to decorate window sills, or use double sided tape to decorate the walls.
- Harvest corn basket. Peel back he dried husks of colorful corn and arrange into a colorful basket. Mix with other fall bounty to add color and diversity.
- A Wreath. a gorgeous addition to an entry way or door, a wreath is surprisingly easy to make. Use all sorts of natural fall materials to create the perfect one for you.