Group Costume Ideas
Halloween will be here soon, and if you don’t have a costume yet it’s time to do some serious brainstorming. The best things about Halloween are dressing up and being with your friends and family; and it’s especially enjoyable to combine the two. If this year’s Halloween plans include a party or outing with others, consider one of these group costume ideas.
Costume Ideas for Families
- Star Wars: Star Wars has created a fan base which spans generations, making it an ideal theme for family Halloween outfits. Mom and Dad make are perfect as Han and Leia, Darth Vader and Stormtrooper or Anakin and Padme while the little ones can dress as Chewbacca, Yoda, Ewoks, Stormtroopers or Jedi Knights.
- Farmers with farm animals: Trick-or-Treat with the cows and pigs this All Hallow’s Eve. Parents can dress-up as farmers with their young animals in tow, getting their treat bags filled with goodies. Alternatively, switch it around and have the kids dress as farmers while Mom and Dad transform into sheep, goats, horses or other barnyard friends.
- Monsters Inc.: Monster’s Inc. is hot right now so there is no shortage of ideas for dressing up like your favorite furry (or slimy) Monster’s character. While Sulley and Mike seem like the classic choice for Mom and Dad and Boo for their little girl, you might decide to mix it up a bit and don the kids in costumes like Mike, Sulley or any of the other loveable monsters from the cast while Mom and Dad dress as Roz and Mr. Waternoose, or from Monsters University, Don Carlton and Ms. Squibbles. Or dress the whole family in green “OK” shirts and hats and go as the Oozma Kappa clan.
- Toy Story: Toy Story is another classic animated film from which a multitude of entertaining costume inspirations has come. Buzz, Jessie, Woody, Mr. Potato Head and the rest are simple and fun attire for a Trick-or-Treating expedition or not-so-frightening family parties.
Costume Ideas for Young Kids
- Peanuts Gang: Young kids still love Snoopy and the Gang. The whole neighborhood will adore your little ones if they dress up as Peanuts characters for their Halloween “Tricks-or-Treats”; just hope no one gets a rock.
- Disney Princesses: Little girls still dream of being a princess. Their wish will be granted this Halloween when your daughter and her friends dress up as Cinderella, Snow White, Belle and their other favorite Disney Princesses.
- Pirates: Pirate costumes are perfect for boys and girls of all ages. Let your kids have a grand adventure this Halloween dressed as a crew of swashbuckling buccaneers.
- Multiple colors of Crayons: What a great group costume! The little ones will be especially excited to dress as their favorite Crayon shade. Be creative with colors; think the 64 Crayon box.
- Wizard of Oz: Dress the youngsters as the Tin Man, Cowardly Lion, Scarecrow, Dorothy and even Toto this Halloween in homage to this timeless family film.
Group Costume Ideas for Any AgeGetting your friends to dress up with you in a group costume will be a breeze, everyone knows and loves these costume ideas!
- Video Game Characters: From Pokémon to Angry Birds to the Mario Brothers, video game characters are cool and easily recognizable; making them fantastic options for Halloween attire.
- Alice in Wonderland: Spend this Halloween in Wonderland with your favorite players from this classic book and movie.
- 1950s: Groups of boys and girls, or men and women, can go to the Sock Hop in the characteristic style of the 50’s when they dress-up in leather jackets and poodle skirts.
- Zombies: Spooky costumes are the quintessential in All Hallow’s Eve attire, and Zombies are at the top of the list. Zombie costumes are simple to make or are easily found in Halloween stores and online.
- Super Heroes: Almost everyone wants to be like Superman, Batman, Spiderman or Wonder Woman. Hit the town with your crowd dressed as your favorite super heroes.
- Harry Potter: Ron, Harry, Hermione and the rest of the Harry Potter gang have been Halloween favorites for over a decade, and this year is no exception.